Socratic Seminar 30
- Questions are encouraged, including basic ones!
- Socratic Seminars are held under the Chatham House Rule: share the information you receive, but do not reveal the identity of who said it.
- For the privacy of other attendees, please refrain from taking photographs of other people without their permission.
- Socratic seminars are best when the moderator can let the conversation flow, so try to keep things concrete and focused.
- The reading list covers August 26th to September 26th.
Research and Development
- Spookchains: Drivechain Analog with One-Time Trusted Setup & APO
- Revocable Proof of Burn Draft BIP
- Lloyd Fournier, independent researcher and host of APAC Bitcoin, shares a post to the dlc-dev mailing list explaining how BLS attestations enable powerful and simple stateless DLC oracles.
- bitcoin-inquistion: evaluating soft forks on signet
- Liquid Tapscript: New Opcodes, Reduced Limits and Covenants
- Credible Confessions
- Eric Sirion's Signet Fedimint Instance
- Carl Dong leaving Chaincode Labs and bitcoin core contributing
- The Wright trial continues. Fortunately things aren't looking great for Wright.
- When did Bitcoin Core deprecate the mining function? Pieter Wuille provides a historical overview of mining-related features within Bitcoin Core over the years
- $\mu$Cash: Transparent Anonymous Transactions
- silent payment descriptor
- Bitcoin-STARKS khepri
- Spiral - private electrum server Paper
- Cashu is a Chaumian Ecash wallet and mint with Bitcoin Lightning support
- Coinbase Launches Crypto Action Network
- In-app scorecards for current representatives and candidates for federal government.
- Coinbase funding lawsuit against Treasury dept
- Sanctions updates
- Bitcoin Core 24.0 Draft Release Notes
- Among other things, enables full RBF by default. Incredibly, not a single nack on the PR.
- Bitcoin Core #25717 adds a “Headers Presync” step during Initial Block Download (IBD) to help prevent Denial of Service (DoS) attacks and step towards removing checkpoints. Nodes use the pre-sync phase to verify that a peer’s headers chain has sufficient work before storing them permanently.
- Bitcoin Core #19602 adds
migratewalletcommand for migrating legacy wallets to descriptor wallets.
- I2P - transient addresses for outbound connections
- Core Lightning v12
- Bookkeeper plugin for lightning accounting: see profitability, flows, and routing information down to the satoshi
- Commando plugin: remotely connect directly to your core lightning node with runes to send RPC calls
htlc_maximum_msatas a valve for flow control on the Lightning Network
- Very exciting LND PR enabling taproot by default for sweeping funds, funding channels, and sending blobs to watch towers.
- option_recipient_pays_routing_fee to allow draining accounts over Lightning
- Fee Ratecards: capacity-dependent Lightning channel negative and positive fee rates
- Mempool.space adds lightning support
- Sats Overflow launched