Socratic Seminar 31
- Questions are encouraged, including basic ones!
- Socratic Seminars are held under the Chatham House Rule: share the information you receive, but do not reveal the identity of who said it.
- For the privacy of other attendees, please refrain from taking photographs of other people without their permission.
- Socratic seminars are best when the moderator can let the conversation flow, so try to keep things concrete and focused.
- The reading list covers September 26th to October 30th.
Chain Weather Report
- Lightning Network Capacity Over 5000 BTC in lightning channels.
- Bitcoin Node Count
- Ongoing Tor Network DDoS
- Erlay PR Merged
- PR to loosen relay policy for small transactions Originally created because of leaf-Node weakness in Bitcoin Merkle Tree Design
- New transaction policies (nVersion=3) for contracting protocols
- Muun developers object to full RBF rollout timeline "Even though many of the biggest miners offer off-band transaction broadcasting services, they currently won't process conflicting transactions."
- Full RBF Summary by Gloria Zhao "Does Core control whether full RBF happens or not?"
Research and Development
- Judica VM. Why? It's hard to get started on Bitcoin apps. Ethereum applications are extremely hackathon friendly. A note on security.
- ZeroSync instant-sync Bitcoin client
- Refreshed BIP324 encrypted transport protocol
- Validity Rollups research by John Light
- What has the Taproot Annex ever done for us? TLV format proposal for annex data.
- (low impact) MuSig2 vulnerability: It is still true that cryptography is hard, unfortunately.
- Taro Alpha Release
- Block update on hardware signing device Decision to not include a screen is controversial.
- NYDIG Bitcoin developer report Some interesting charts on pages 10 and 13.
- Why is there a 5 days gap between genesis and block 1?
- Who is Crazy1o1?!?! Ongoing user of 1-1 multisig transaction
- HODLONAUT VICTORIOUS
- Celsius doxxes all users
- Fedimint distributed key generation
- ser wen taproot
- BTCD and LND impacted by block parsing bug
- Watchtower-free Lightning channels for casual users
- VLSProject Lightning Cutie
- Ephemeral Anchors
- Original LN grant proposal (apparently mostly complete, but not released)
- Continuing LN development grant, beginning with submarine swaps