Socratic Seminar 36
- This meetup is generously sponsored by Digital Garage and Bitrefill.
- Questions are encouraged, including basic ones!
- Socratic Seminars are held under the Chatham House Rule: share the information you receive, but do not reveal the identity of who said it.
- For the privacy of other attendees, please refrain from taking photographs of other people without their permission.
- Socratic seminars are best when the moderator can let the conversation flow, so try to keep things concrete and focused.
- The reading list covers March 27th to April 23rd.
Chain Weather Report
News and Announcements
- CivKit: p2p electronic market system
- Floresta: Utreexo powered electrum server implementation
- Stratum v2 Reference Implementation (SRI) update
- RGB v0.10 release announcement
- The Bitcoin Whitepaper is hidden in every modern copy of macOS
- Nutstash (cashu wallet) adds new features
- A guide to sending ecash tokens to nostr users via cashu
Research and Development
- ZeroSync: using ZKPs to accelerate initial sync
- Sparkle: Fully Adaptive Schnorr Threshold Signatures
- Piano: Extremely Simple, Single-Server PIR with Sublinear Server Computation
- LinkingLion: An entity linking Bitcoin transactions to IPs?
- OP_VAULT updates - TLUVification and OP_CTV
- Mutinynet: custom signet with 30 second block times
- The team at Mutiny also shared that they are developing synthetic dollars via DLCs (different to how stablesats work)
- Route blinding officially added to lightning spec
- Proposed changes to splicing spec
- LDK shares their 2023 roadmap
- New LDK implementation: kuutamo lightning distribution
- Is there interest in a chat group for SF Bitdevs? If yes: what are preferences between Signal, Telegram, and other platforms?