Socratic Seminar 37
- This meetup is generously sponsored by Digital Garage and Bitrefill.
- Questions are encouraged, including basic ones!
- Socratic Seminars are held under the Chatham House Rule: share the information you receive, but do not reveal the identity of who said it.
- For the privacy of other attendees, please refrain from taking photographs of other people without their permission.
- Socratic seminars are best when the moderator can let the conversation flow, so try to keep things concrete and focused.
- The reading list covers April 24th to May 26th.
Chain Weather Report
News & Announcements
- Fedi alpha available for testing
- Signet Mutiny Wallet is available for testing with lightning and LSP support
- Burak announces Ark
- Mailing list post - received feedback from ZmnSCP and others
- Brink & Marathon raising $1MM for Bitcoin Core development
- Mempool.space announces accelerator for transactions stuck in the mempool
- Likely to make fee estimation more difficult?
- Boltz adds Liquid <-> Lightning atomic swaps
- Will this bring new users to Liquid? Avoiding the 102 block confirmations for peg-ins makes onboarding much easier.
- Suhas proposes a new mempool design
- Joost Jager considers transaction relay via Nostr
- ZeroSync publishes summary of their research including zkCoins writeup
- We discussed chain state proofs last seminar, but not zkCoins
- Interactive Payment Batching w/ Payjoin