Socratic Seminar 38
- This meetup is generously sponsored by Digital Garage and Bitrefill.
- Questions are encouraged, including basic ones!
- Socratic Seminars are held under the Chatham House Rule: share the information you receive, but do not reveal the identity of who said it.
- For the privacy of other attendees, please refrain from taking photographs of other people without their permission.
- Socratic seminars are best when the moderator can let the conversation flow, so try to keep things concrete and focused.
- The reading list covers May 27th to June 24th.
Chain Weather Report
News & Announcements
- SEC charges Coinbase & charges Binance and CZ for operating unregistered exchanges
- Blackrock files bitcoin spot ETF application
- Jack Dorsey donates $5MM to Brink
- Prime Trust suspends withdrawals following sale failure
- Bitkey launches beta program
- New class of ECDSA signature vulnerability observed in bitcoin
- Ruben wrote up a simple Ark explainer
- Modifying FROST threshold and signers
- Silent payments WIP implementation in core & draft BIP
- Using OP_CHECKOUTPUTCONTRACTVERIFY to partially replicate OP_CTV functionality
- Stratum v2 template provider in core
- Proposal for standardization of unstructured taproot annex
- LDK Node v0.1.0
- eclair v0.9.0 release sets stage for dual funding, splicing, and BOLT12
- tapd (taproot assets daemon) v0.2.2-alpha
- Greenlight client has been open sourced
- BTC Warp PoC light client using zkSNARKs
- Etta: a reference open-source non-custodial lightning wallet built on LDK