Socratic Seminar 40
- This meetup is generously sponsored by Digital Garage and Bitrefill.
- Questions are encouraged, including basic ones!
- Socratic Seminars are held under the Chatham House Rule: share the information you receive, but do not reveal the identity of who said it.
- For the privacy of other attendees, please refrain from taking photographs of other people without their permission.
- Socratic seminars are best when the moderator can let the conversation flow, so try to keep things concrete and focused.
- The reading list covers July 29th to August 25th.
Chain Weather Report
News & Announcements
- OpenSats announces second wave of grants
- Field reporting: Implementing MuSig2 at BitGo
- BitGo raises $100M Series C at $1.75B Valuation
- Blockstream announces BASIC note
- Liquid open sources their functionary code
- Bitmex writes a blog post evaluating Drivechains
- James O'Beirne writes post on scaling and consensus changes
- PR to enable Full-RBF by default
- PR to add new coin selection algorithm
- BIP324 ciphersuite merged
- Updates to BIP352 (Silent Payments)
- Interesting discussion in this thread around importance of expiring addresses
- BIP for Serverless Payjoin
- Luke Dashjr opens draft PR for Drivechains consensus-level logic
- Combined CTV+APO to minimal TXHASH+CSFS