Socratic Seminar 41
- This meetup is generously sponsored by Digital Garage, Bitrefill, and CardCoins.
- Questions are encouraged, including basic ones!
- Socratic Seminars are held under the Chatham House Rule: share the information you receive, but do not reveal the identity of who said it.
- For the privacy of other attendees, please refrain from taking photographs of other people without their permission.
- Socratic seminars are best when the moderator can let the conversation flow, so try to keep things concrete and focused.
- The reading list covers August 26th to September 22nd.
Chain Weather Report
- Lightning Network Capacity
- Regular TXs & Inscription TXs compared by vsize
- BRC-20 mints omitting signature check
- River reduces the capacity of its lightning node by 48%
News & Announcements
- F2Pool received 20 BTC transaction fee and controversially returns it
- Ripple acquires Fortress trust
- Donjon Faults SE2 on Coldcard Mk4
- ZeroSync released a demo & repo for header chain verification
- ord v0.9.0 adds support for provenance
- Machankura announces additive batching feature
- Fedimint v0.1.0 release
- Nunchuk Byzantine - collaborative custody platform for Bitcoin advisors
- Latest Tor release supports HiddenServicePOW
- libsecp256k1 0.4.0 released
- Draft implementation of Schnorr adaptor signatures in libsecp256k1-zkp
- Bitcoin-like Script Symbolic Trace (B’SST) released
- Compressed transaction proposal
- Thoughts on private collaborative custody with FROST
- Actuarial System To Reduce Interactivity In N-of-N (N > 2) Multiparticipant Offchain Mechanisms
- Full Specifications for Taproot Assets published
- BIP324 v2 transport connection support merged in a non-exposed way
- Auto-CPFP when spending unconfirmed UTXOs
- Removing provably unspendable UTXOs from UTXO set
- p2p: Diversify automatic outbound connections with respect to networks
- p2p: Restrict self-advertisements with privacy networks to avoid fingerprinting
- Remove arbitrary restrictions on OP_RETURN by default