Socratic Seminar 42
- This meetup is generously sponsored by Digital Garage, Bitrefill, and CardCoins.
- Questions are encouraged, including basic ones!
- Socratic Seminars are held under the Chatham House Rule: share the information you receive, but do not reveal the identity of who said it.
- For the privacy of other attendees, please refrain from taking photographs of other people without their permission.
- Socratic seminars are best when the moderator can let the conversation flow, so try to keep things concrete and focused.
- The reading list covers September 23rd to October 26th.
Chain Weather Report
News & Announcements
- Strike partners with Bitrefill to buy gift cards and pay for streaming services on lightning
- FinCEN proposes strict regulation on Bitcoin mixers
- SEC does not appeal Grayscale ETF conversion ruling
- Newsom signs California BitLicense framework into law
- Block shares MDK hashboard prototype
- Taproot Assets v0.3.0 - first mainnet release
- Announcing the $12k NIST Elliptic Curves Seeds Bounty
- Wallet Fingerprints: Detection & Analysis
- BitVM: Compute Anything on Bitcoin
- Naysayer Proofs
- MATT Demo
- One-time and Revocable Ring Signature with Logarithmic Size in Blockchain
- Non-interactive VSS using Class Groups and Application to Distributed Key Generation
- Runes: fungible token protocol proposal
- Don't overextend your Oblivious Transfer
- Evicting and filling attack for linking multiple network addresses of Bitcoin nodes
- Bitcoin Core 25.1 released
- assumeutxo merged
- MiniTapscript merged
- Covenant tools softfork proposal
- Proposed BIP for MuSig2 PSBT Fields
- Proposed BIP for MuSig2 Descriptors
- Draft BIP for OP_TXHASH and OP_CHECKTXHASHVERIFY
- Proposed BIP for OP_CAT